Before you hit the publish button.
Any blogger wants to have a positive result in less time than possible. The reality of blogging is that it takes a long time to get your blog going. I struggle with blogging and make many mistakes the best part – is when you learn from your own mistake, you become a better blogger.
Maybe you miss some knowledge about your market, and some bloggers are not clear about how to get it. It is better to acknowledge your fails and seek the solution for them.
Because working from home is going to become a standard, you need defined skills and characteristics. If you want a stable blog that can provide added value, that is a prerequisite that you must have learned.
When it comes to gaining new skills. You must know what to pay attention to and what you can do to obtain them.
There are 8 skills you must have to blog from home.
Table of content:
- Persistence (block the noise).
- Blog with conviction (do not doubt).
- Winner mindset.
- Increases general knowledge.
- Uplifting and straightforward writing (say new words loud).
Let us explore this!
1. Persistence (block the noise).
Writing topics can feel like a strain on your brain, especially when you have lots of noise around you. So long you have noise around you, then it limits your thinking. In that situation, you feel stressed because you cannot strive, with that comes wasting time on your effort to persist at home.
- Kill the noise of music.
- No TV noise.
- No radio.
- No sound notifications.
- No new media friends sounds.
- Not thinking of your favorite show.
- Do not schedule a time based on a TV show.
- Ignore sounds.
When working from home, stay on your guard to block noise because that can help you with your goals and persistence.
2. Blog with conviction (do not doubt).
You have probably heard the message: “stay at home and be or keep safe” That goes the same for creating a blog – I mean, when you do your thing and learn from your mistake, you get better at your own level. Do not doubt or listen to the no-sayers or people that never do anything.
Go for success, and that path is lonely, and the majority don’t want to go down that route of success, so don’t be surprised if someone fails.
- Do not listen to the no sayers.
- Do not adopt someone’s failing thinking pattern.
- Do not hang to failing friends or family members.
- Never mind, scared friends.
- Ignore stubborn and naive people.
- Don’t argue to be right.
- Don’t have an endless debate to convince someone.
3. Winner mindset.
Most writers give you advice and tips, but the problem is that the experience part is missing. You write a long story, but you lack the explanation why it is a winning part.
That is the most common mistake when you blog – luckily, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. You can link your story to other bloggers or refer to your resources from where you got the information.
What winners do:
- Write with experience.
- Say NO to yourself.
- Stick with universal facts.
- Give others a chance and provide the right tools.
- Teach others to do what is right.
4. Increases general knowledge.
Something is missing in the blogging community. Do you know what that is? It is a blog post that does not have the correct knowledge – you know that the key to improving your blogging skills lies in how you develop knowledge about a topic.
What you can do:
- Reading books.
- Ebooks and infographics (see my free stuff page)
- Follow bloggers and read their blog that ties to your market.
- Get knowledge from your competitors.
- Improve your blog based on your competitors.
- Standout from time to time.
- Get free graphics on Canva to improve your blog.
- Teamwork and benchmark skilled bloggers. Benchmarketing is only in contact when your project demands them.
You can get some free resources for your site on various websites that your site looks like a pro.
5. Uplifting and straightforward writing (say new words loud).
It is a difficult thing to keep your writings in line with your thought. In the end, you will end up with a long-winded blog post that nobody wants to read. Ok, the blog situation is not a stable factor, and the income is always late or wrong.
To write straightforward and uplifting, you can do some exercise at home.
- Get a writing app, such as Grammarly.
- Revisit your older blog post.
- Organize content and life.
- Have your own writing space.
- Replace old words with new and modern ones.
- Learn new words in your spare time.
- Say new words out loud to yourself.
Focus is a handy skill in any part of your life when you work from home. Concentration or focus is like gold with, that, you can create and maintain your own production. You are your own lifeline when you want to produce content. Without focus, you waste time and effort.
What you have to do to gain focus:
- Limit moving screens.
- Limit the use of your mobile phone.
- Block the misleading news.
- Don’t sleep with your phone.
- Don’t watch movies that scare you.
When you work at home, you can easily be distracted by other not related works. When you work at home, then you must have times that you work on one project. Take your time to work on your content and have a meal and take breaks. Find the context in why you are doing it. Some bloggers can help you by reading their blog and copy or checking its content whether it’s valuable to you.
This is a skill you must develop while you work at home. Why people have it & some others don’t – is because they don’t see the importance of a stable situation. You can create a stable area where you can perform at top speed. Creating a working environment demands that you separate:
- Work time.
- Sleep time.
- Working with the right tools.
- No playtime.
- No distractions.
- Stick to your planning.
- No checking or watch on your phone.
- Lose time consuming and no productive friends.
- Learn to say NO.
Working at home and running a business is becoming a struggle for many of us. If you want to future-proof yourself requires a whole lot of developing new skills. As the days become months and years, you will notice how important and valuable skills are in life.
How more you learn and develop – how better you future-proof yourself, finance, and business. The areas you must improve are your mindset and the physical part.
Do you want to help me grow the blog? Then you should follow me.
Did you love to read this?
Leave a comment if you agree, like it, or share this with your friends.
Did I forget anything?
Share your tip in the comment.
Not yet a follower? See more by following me and keep informed of my blog tips when they are published.