Hi content creators,
If you want to improve your design skills, then this is the perfect spot for you. In this blog post, I will create a pixel stretch effect using the design tool called Photopea.
You can create fantastic designs in Photopea, and it is a perfect Photoshop alternative.
Also, check out this blog post, it is about how you can create covers that can help your income stream.
What is the pixel stretch effect?
Pixel stretch is a creative technique that involves selecting a single row or column of pixels and stretching them out over an image to create a warped, surrealistic visual effect²³.
It can be done using Photoshop or other software that allows free transformation of pixel selections²³.
Pixel stretch can also be achieved using a plugin called Pixel Stretch that stretches pixels on a subpixel precision according to their brightness¹. It is a way to investigate the construction of a digital image through non-traditional means³.
(1) How to Create a Pixel Stretch in Photoshop – Envato Tuts+. https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-pixel-stretch-in-photoshop–cms-39408.
(2) How to do Pixel Stretching in Photoshop – Digital Photography School. https://digital-photography-school.com/pixel-stretching-photoshop/.
(3) Pixel Stretch – aescripts + aeplugins – aescripts.com. https://aescripts.com/pixel-stretch/.
How to begin the pixel stretch effect?
Here are the steps to begin with Pixel Stretch:
- Open Photopea This software programs provide the tools to apply the Pixel Stretch effect.
- Select your image: Choose the image you want to apply the Pixel Stretch effect to. It can be a photo, artwork, or any other image that you find interesting.
- Duplicate your image: Before applying any effect, it’s always a good practice to duplicate your original image. This way, you can always go back to the original if needed.
- Choose the Pixel Stretch tool: Look for the tool or filter that allows you to apply the Pixel Stretch effect. In Photoshop, you can find it under Filter > Distort > Pixelate. In GIMP, it is available under Filters > Distorts > Pixelize.
- Adjust the settings: Once you’ve selected the Pixel Stretch tool, you’ll be able to adjust various settings to control the intensity and direction of the effect. Experiment with different settings to achieve the desired result. Typically, you’ll have options to adjust pixel size, stretch amount, and stretch direction.
- Apply the Pixel Stretch effect: Click on the “Apply” or “OK” button to apply the Pixel Stretch effect to your image. Depending on the complexity of the effect and the size of your image, it may take a few moments to process.
- Fine-tune the result: After applying the effect, take a closer look at your image and make any additional adjustments if needed. You can try different settings, undo or redo the effect, or even combine it with other editing techniques to enhance the overall look.
- Save your image: Once you’re satisfied with the result, save your image in your preferred file format (JPEG, PNG, etc.) to preserve the changes you’ve made.
Remember, Pixel Stretch is a creative effect, so feel free to experiment and let your imagination guide you. Have fun exploring this unique technique and creating stunning visuals.
You may think Photoshop is the only way to create the effect. Explore other possibilities and learn to exploit them for your benefit.
In this video, I so you how you start creating the effect in Photopea. Also, I will be using Canva Pro to get the best image.
Look at the examples you can find on the internet, so you have inspiration and ideas. If you want to sell or promote items online you can use this effect to earn some income.
Source: VIVI Designing
Creating the pixel stretch effect can be done in Pothopea. The trick is that you must have a creative approach.
And it requires some practice also, try to improve your skills and learn from your mistakes.
Your best chance is to look at some examples for ideas and do or write about them.
I hope this blog post inspires you in your creative Photopea projects.